I believe it is set to false.

<filter>

     <filter-name>Request Logging Filter</filter-name>

     <filter-class>org.geoserver.filters.LoggingFilter</filter-class>

     <init-param>

         <!-- The 'enabled' parameter is a boolean value, "true"
(case-insensitive) for true or

              any other value for false.  If enabled, then the logging will be
performed;

              otherwise the logging filter will have no effect.  If not
specified, this

              parameter defaults to false.

              -->

         <param-name>enabled</param-name>

         <param-value>false</param-value>

     </init-param>

     <init-param>

     <!-- The 'log-request-bodies' parameter is a boolean value, "true"
(case-insensitive) for

          true or any other value for false.  If enabled, then the logging will
include the body

          of POST and PUT requests.  If not specified, this parameter defaults
to false.

          Note that this may noticeably degrade responsiveness of your
geoserver since it will

          not begin to process requests until the entire request body has been
received by the

          server.

          -->

     <param-name>log-request-bodies</param-name>

     <param-value>false</param-value>

     </init-param>

   </filter>

Dominique Bessette