After the root partition of the server where an instance of geoserver
(2.8 master) is running became full, I'm no more able to run it.
Many configuration files are lost (wcs.xml, wfs.xml, wms.xml have zero
size), the connections to postgis is no more working and in the
geoserver log I found this WARN as last notification:

WARN [support.DisposableBeanAdapter] - Invocation of destroy method
failed on bean with name 'geoServerLoader':
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationNotAllowedException: Error
creating bean with name 'geoWebCacheExtensions': Singleton bean creation
not allowed while the singletons of this factory are in destruction (Do
not request a bean from a BeanFactory in a destroy method implementation!)

2 questions:

1. Is that the expected behaviour?
2. Is there some kind of recovery procedure?
3. I don't have a recent backup of the "data" directory.Is there a way
to understand what files are corrupted or lost?

Thank you
        maxx