Hi

> El 23 jun 2016, a las 14:37, Andrea Aime <andrea.a...@geo-solutions.it>
> escribió:
>
> I'm not sure... the sinusoidal projection was contributed by a 3rd party (not
> a core developer)

Ok, don't worry too much then. I don't think it's a great problem as there's a
workaround.

What I did in the meantime is to use ogr2ogr, a QGIS command-line tool, to
reproject the shape file.

If I recall correctly, the invocation was

    $ ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" -t_srs EPSG:4326 dst/ src/original.shp

Then I used QGIS to recreate the spatial index and added the result to my
GeoServer's shapefiles directory. After recreating the layer the bounding box
was fixed.

> but I can see Daniele (cc'ed) made a few changes to it six months ago.... not
> sure if that's related or not.
>
> However, I've tried your definition with cs2cs, the command line coordinate
> transformer based on the same
> library as qgis, and I'm getting results consistent with GeoServer:
>
> > cs2cs +proj=sinu +lon_0=0 +x_0=0 +y_0=0 +a=6371007.181 +b=6371007.181
> > +units=m +no_defs +init=epsg:4326 -f "%.2f"
> -5510409 -3667583
> -59.14        -33.17 -7122.67
> -5505545 -3662718
> -59.06        -33.13 -7122.69

I get the same results from cs2cs.

> Not sure how QGis is giving you other results? Could be version related,
> don't know, the proj I have on my LTS distribution
> is getting old:
> Rel. 4.8.0, 6 March 2012

But just in case, I'm using QGIS OSGeo4W 2.8.7-1 x86_64 for Windows.

Thanks,
Diego