Hi,
I believe the issue is that you're using SLD/SE 1.1 instead of SLD 1.0,
dynamic symbolizers
are out of spec and require keeping those urls as strings up to the point
we expand expressions.
I assume SE 1.1 parser is not doing that.

I'd open a ticket, if you're by chance proficient with Java development I
can give you pointers to where
the fix might have to be done.

Cheers
Andrea

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 11:32 PM, Kalin Genov <kalin.ge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use CQL expression in dynamic symbolizers. I am using this
> as guidelines:
> http://docs.geoserver.org/2.9.0/user/styling/sld-extensions/
> pointsymbols.html#dynamic-symbolizers
>
> I wrote an ows service that is returning png image and I want to use it in
> SLD.
> This is what I have in the SLD:
>           <se:PointSymbolizer>
>             <se:Graphic>
>               <se:ExternalGraphic>
>                 <se:OnlineResource xlink:type="simple" xlink:href="
> http://localhost:8888/geoserver/ows?request=getMapSymbol&amp;service=
> monitoringStationSymbol&amp;version=1.0.0&amp;stationid=${id}" />
>                 <se:Format>image/png</se:Format>
>               </se:ExternalGraphic>
>             </se:Graphic>
>           </se:PointSymbolizer>
>
> id is the primary key in the layer.
> When I try to preview the layer I get this error:
> java.io.IOException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Parsing failed for href:
> java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in query at index 117:
> http://localhost:8888/wmis-web-app/ows?request=getMapSymbol&service=
> monitoringStationSymbol&version=1.0.0&stationid=${id}
>
> If I remove "&amp;stationid=${id}" from the url, everything is working. My
> ows service is returning a picture and this picture is used as a symbol
> when I load the wms layer service in openlayers.
> What is wrong in the expression that I am trying to use?
>
> I am using Geoserver 2.9.0 on Apache Tomcat 8.5.4 on windows 8.1.
>
> Best regards,
> Kalin

==
==

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax: +39 0584 1660272
mob: +39  339 8844549

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

*AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003*

nel/i file/s allegato/i sono da considerarsi strettamente riservate. Il
loro utilizzo è consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del messaggio,
per le finalità indicate nel messaggio stesso. Qualora riceviate questo
messaggio senza esserne il destinatario, Vi preghiamo cortesemente di
darcene notizia via e-mail e di procedere alla distruzione del messaggio
stesso, cancellandolo dal Vostro sistema. Conservare il messaggio stesso,
divulgarlo anche in parte, distribuirlo ad altri soggetti, copiarlo, od
utilizzarlo per finalità diverse, costituisce comportamento contrario ai
principi dettati dal D.Lgs. 196/2003.

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for
the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or
proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act
(Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection
Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is
strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the
information in this message that has been received in error. The sender
does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or
completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes
made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of
e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.