I am running GeoServer 2.9.0 and using CSS styling. I set up my style to
render a mark which sizes and positions depending on the zoom level.
Originally I used a PNG for the mark, and once I was happy with the result I
created a SVG using Inkscape. When I replace the PNG with the SVG it does
not appear to resize the image according to mark-size, but rather uses the
top left corner of the SVG. The SVG is fairly big relative to final size it
is rendered.

Any help / considerations on using SVG would be appreciated.

As rendered using PNG:
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5286825/png-mark.png>

As rendered unsing SVG:
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5286825/svg-mark.png>