Hi Viv,
a JIRA has been created in the past weeks to deal with that:
https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/browse/GEOT-5516

A PR has already been made to handle it (thanks Devon):
https://github.com/geotools/geotools/pull/1301

I think that it will be merged early next week (these days there is a
Freeze due to releases in progress).
So it should be available as part of the GeoServer nightly build in a
couple of days.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Daniele

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 2:17 PM, <viv...@gfz-potsdam.de> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I have downloaded a NetCDf file that contains packed short integer values.
>
> The NetCDF Variables section looks like this:
> variables:
>     float longitude(longitude) ;
>         longitude:units = "degrees_east" ;
>         longitude:long_name = "longitude" ;
>     float latitude(latitude) ;
>         latitude:units = "degrees_north" ;
>         latitude:long_name = "latitude" ;
>     int time(time) ;
>         time:units = "hours since 1900-01-01 00:00:0.0" ;
>         time:long_name = "time" ;
>         time:calendar = "gregorian" ;
>     short sst(time, latitude, longitude) ;
>         sst:scale_factor = 0.00053530401667862 ;
>         sst:add_offset = 286.836646410492 ;
>         sst:_FillValue = -32767s ;
>         sst:missing_value = -32767s ;
>         sst:units = "K" ;
>         sst:long_name = "Sea surface temperature" ;
>

> Can GeoServer handle with scale_factor and add_offset attribute to unpack
> the values?
>
> Best regards,
> viv

==
==

Ing. Daniele Romagnoli
Senior Software Engineer

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:      +39 0584 1660272

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

*AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003*

nel/i file/s allegato/i sono da considerarsi strettamente riservate. Il
loro utilizzo è consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del messaggio,
per le finalità indicate nel messaggio stesso. Qualora riceviate questo
messaggio senza esserne il destinatario, Vi preghiamo cortesemente di
darcene notizia via e-mail e di procedere alla distruzione del messaggio
stesso, cancellandolo dal Vostro sistema. Conservare il messaggio stesso,
divulgarlo anche in parte, distribuirlo ad altri soggetti, copiarlo, od
utilizzarlo per finalità diverse, costituisce comportamento contrario ai
principi dettati dal D.Lgs. 196/2003.

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for
the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or
proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act
(Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection
Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is
strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the
information in this message that has been received in error. The sender
does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or
completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes
made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of
e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.