Andrea,

if you mean adding -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 to the JVM command line, I think
that is a good idea, but I would defer to the experience of users of the
Windows version. Are there use-cases in which it is desirable to leave
the file.encoding property unset? Setting this as the default behaviour
would likely improve the experience of users with a non-UTF8 default
encoding.

Kind regards,
Ben.

--