Hi Daniel,
Thank you for the reply.

The test was made at home, running the VM on my i7 laptop.

#Running the VM on the real hypervisor server and network:
service tomcat8 stop && service tomcat8 start && time curl
http://127.0.0.1:8080/geoserver/web
#returns
real    1m5.163s
user    0m0.000s
sys     0m0.024s

#And:
watch cat /proc/sys/kernel/random/entropy_avail
#returns between:
445 to 840

So 1m for tomcat/geoserver to restart... seems to me an eternity!
When you reported 13s, I became a bit jealous...

PS.
Sorry, I'm an old fashion guy from ZX Spectrum generation, used to count
bits, and Z80 timestates... ;-)

--
Ricardo Pinho