Okay, first email to list, hello everyone!

Configuration: version 2.11, Jre8, Sql ext 2.11, IIS 8.5.9, Windows installer
on Azure Windows Server 2012 R2

Pardon me if I am repeating a question but I searched the archives and found
things to try but to no avail...so whole story...

I set up manual start Geoserver back in February with 2.10 and sql ext for 2.10
on a windows install on a azure cloud server,

created layers from sql server no problem added sld for my points and had
everything running awesome inside server.

Had issue seeing outside world until I added the outside address to global.xml
page as proxy setting. We were rocking for over a month!

So April 12th, I decided to create custom templates so I could use url calls to
bring back maps with my own select tools. I opened

the .ftl files, edited them and saved. Suddenly I had nothing, no admin site
under domain http://cpgis.net/geoserver, no admin

under http://localhost:8080/geoserver. As I screamed in panic, I replaced the
.ftl files with originals, rebooted and restarted geoserver.

Same deal, Nothing on web but admin opened back under localhost:8080.. So I
tried several things from archives such as adding proxy to jetty.xml, changing
ports(set to 8082), checking ports, etc.

Nothing helped, it seems like it would be a DNS or port issue except
http://cpgis.net answers no problem showing index.html under root..the actual
cloud name/address for server... http://iistest7811.cloudapp.net  also answers
with same index.html no problem, but when i try
admin(http://cpgis.net/geoserver) it gives either 404 not found or 403 error.
Had network guy check to see if anything else was on ports but nothing, was a
clean server dedicated to this project.

So I ripped off the geoserver 2.10 install completely, scrubbed the box of any
temp files related, checked that I was still seeing server

at http://cpgis.net and downloaded the new 2.11 version and 2.11 SQL extension.
Loaded no problem, set up layers and styles from SQL,

seeing maps no problem from http://localhost:8080/geoserver/web.

Okay, then I set the proxy again(http://cpgis.net/geoserver), this time from
the admin global settings screen and immediately opened a layer preview which
gives a 404 not found error ( url -
http://cpgis.net/geoserver/tiger/wms?service=WMS&version=1.1.0&request=GetMap&layers=tiger:giant_polygon&styles=&bbox=-180.0,-90.0,180.0,90.0&width=768&height=384&srs=EPSG:4326&format=application/openlayers)
 ....of course changing the cpgis.net to localhost:8080 in the url and can see
map fine again.

In the archives I found a url rewrite proxy method by setting up a virtual
directory in IIS7 called geoserver and then adding url rewrite rule to point to
http://cpgis.net/geoserver.... then I get a different error about proxy (I did
not copy error, sorry something about cannot resolve proxy)...

I have since removed the virtual directory from IIS , removed  2.11 completely
and reinstalled. Same exact

scenario..My layers are working great locally but I have no idea how to push
them to the world. Network admin guy says ports 80, 8080, and 8082 are open but
I am not seeing geoserver.

Any suggestions or ideas? Its been down for a week now and I am at a loss for
what else to try.

Thanks

Rodney Smith