Hi

I have recently started using GeoServer 2.11

As part of my organisation's requirement I had run a security scan on the
server and found Slow HTTP Denial of Service attack open.

I tried using DoS filter for jetty as below in webapps/geoserver/web.xml,
however, the issue still persists and I could not find any other way to
mitigate this risk on the geoserver.

Request if you could help me on the ASAP as my urgent release is on a hold in
the absence of fixing this risk.

<filter>
                   <filter-name>DoSFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.DoSFilter</filter-class>
                   <init-param>
                                <param-name>maxRequestsPerSec</param-name>
                                <param-value>30</param-value>
                                <param-name>delayMs</param-name>
                                <param-value>0</param-value>
                                <param-name>maxRequestMs</param-name>
                                <param-value>10000</param-value>
                                <param-name>maxIdleTrackerMs</param-name>
                                <param-value>10000</param-value>

                   </init-param>
                   <async-supported>true</async-supported>
                </filter>

<filter-mapping>
                                <filter-name>DoSFilter</filter-name>
                                <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
                </filter-mapping>

Regards
Himani Aggarwal

Disclaimer:  This message and the information contained herein is proprietary
and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you may
review the policy at http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html
<http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html> externally
http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html
<http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html> internally within