Thanks Edward for your feedback really appreciate

Maybe I was not clearly mentioning the problem but I'm going to register 2
million layers in geoserver and access it via getmap WMS method one by one. Not
all at once in one request.
I experienced the troubles with long start up time of Tomcat service if there
is many configured layers in it. In extreme case the startup time was several
hours. That's why I mentioned the jdbcConfig plugin which stores the
configuration of layers in DB instead in local filesystem. With jdbcConfig the
startup time is about several seconds instead of several hours.
Has anybody of you experience by adding a huge number of layers to geoserver?

Regards

Bartek