Hi,

I am using App Schema to map to GeodesyML, a rather demanding schema in
terms of validation. One of the problems I’m running into is missing child
elements that are not generated by App Schema when the database field is
blank. Specifically, the problem arises when the field I’m mapping contains
an empty string (''). i.e. it’s not a null value but it *is* empty so it
doesn’t appear, even when I use <encodeIfEmpty>true</encodeIfEmpty>. Am I
getting this right? Is there a workaround, other than changing the data in
my database?

Thanks,

Gavin
​