From: Gavin [mailto:ga...@gnomeit.com]
Sent: Friday, 29 December 2017 5:36 PM
To: geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Geoserver-users] Strange error after recreating table

I'm trying to use the borehole portrayal 4,  and 2

I updated the oracle table but now both versions of Geoserver  give me an
oracle error  ORA-00936 Missing Expression

  the generated sql from Geoserver is

SELECT * from ( SELECT FROM BOREHOLEVIEW ORDER BY BOREHOLEVIEW.GML_ID ASC )
WHERE ROWNUM <= 5

It appears that a second * or a list of columns is missing from the second
SELECT statement

Any pointers on where to look

 Regards

Gavin