From: Julierme Pinheiro [mailto:juliermeopensourcedevelo...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, 3 February 2018 5:50 AM
To: geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Geoserver-users] wmts layer request

Dear all,

First of all, my apologies if my question has been already discussed here.

I created some wms/wmts services for GeoTIFF files using geoserver. My computer
is running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Memory: 23 GB e Processor: Intel® Xeon(R) CPU
X5660 @ 2.80GHz × 12).

I am loading theses services in QGIS and realized that the wms connection is
slower than the wmts. I did not understand why wms is slower because I set
Caching Defaults (box checked) Enable direct integration with GeoServer WMS.

In my case, the wmts is having a better performance in Qgis.

Could someone explain me why wmts has a better performance, even though is
integrated with the wms?

Thank you for your time in advance

Julierme