A random untested speculation, but have you tried with/without trailing slashes
on the urls in ProxyPass/Reverse directives?
I've had problems with other backend services in the past, and the docs at

https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypass mention:

> If the first argument ends with a trailing /, the second argument should also
> end with a trailing /, and vice versa.
> Otherwise, the resulting requests to the backend may miss some needed slashes
> and do not deliver the expected results.

Cheers,

Tom

> On 13 Feb 2018, at 23:17, Clifford Snow <cliff...@snowandsnow.us> wrote:
>
> My configuration uses Apache as a proxy for geoserver on Tomcat. It works
> like expected for WMS. Now I'm trying to add in a TMS server, manly to
> simplify letting others access my tiles. But I'm getting a resource not found
> when trying to access TMS tiles. On localhost it works fine.
>
> Any suggestions of how I might correct my setup? BTW - I use virtual hosts on
> Apache for other applications with no problems. Just GeoServer.
>
> Below is my Apache setup and the error message I get attempting to display
> tiles via the proxy
>
> For Apache I've added a virtual host based on the URL:
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>   ProxyPreserveHost On
>   ProxyRequests Off
>   ServerName tiles.example.com
>   ProxyPass /geoserver http://localhost:8080/geoserver/
>   ProxyPassReverse /geoserver http://localhost:8080/geoserver/
> </VirtualHost>
>
> The error message I get when asking for a tile is as follows
> http://tiles.example.com/geoserver/gwc/service/tms/1.0.0/Washington:roads/13/1312/5366.png
>
> Geoserver Log:
> 2018-02-13 15:12:41,424 ERROR [geoserver.ows] -
> org.geoserver.platform.ServiceException: No service: ( 5366.png )
>

> Tomcat Report:
> This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with
> it. The document tree is shown below.
> <ows:ExceptionReport xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
> xmlns:ows="http://www.opengis.net/ows";
> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"; version="1.0.0"
> xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/ows
> http://tiles.example:80/geoserver/schemas/ows/1.0.0/owsExceptionReport.xsd";>
> <ows:Exception exceptionCode="InvalidParameterValue" locator="service">
> <ows:ExceptionText>No service: ( 5366.png )</ows:ExceptionText>
> </ows:Exception>
> </ows:ExceptionReport>
>
> --
> @osm_seattle
> osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us
>
> Please make sure you read the following two resources before posting to this
> list:
> - Earning your support instead of buying it, but Ian Turton:
> http://www.ianturton.com/talks/foss4g.html#/
> - The GeoServer user list posting guidelines:
> http://geoserver.org/comm/userlist-guidelines.html
>
> If you want to request a feature or an improvement, also see this:
> https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/wiki/Successfully-requesting-and-integrating-new-features-and-improvements-in-GeoServer
>

> Geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net

Tom Feist-Hassan <t.fe...@mhnltd.co.uk>

Senior Engineer, MHN Ltd.
1.5 Techcube, Summerhall
Edinburgh, EH9 1PL
Company Registered in Scotland number SC304505 | 6 ATHOLL CRESCENT PERTH PH1 5JN