You where right Andrea,
my layers datasource pointed to a wrong database.
Thank you!

2012/11/9 Dorin <dtcaci@>

> 2012/11/9 Andrea Aime <andrea.aime@>
>
>> On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 11:09 AM, Dorin <dtcaci@> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I need help with Geoserver 2.1.1
>>> The short story of the issue is as follows:
>>> I have a Geoserver instance on one server with several vector layers
>>> defined there.
>>> I decided to do a replica with the same data on other server by copying
>>> geoserver_data_dir directory to the new server.
>>> When i'm trying to view the details of the vector layer in the new
>>> server i get such error message:
>>>
>>> org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: java.io.IOException: Schema
>>> 'my_layer_name' does not exist.
>>> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Schema 'my_layer_name' does not exist.
>>> at
>>> org.geotools.data.store.ContentDataStore.ensureEntry(ContentDataStore.java:588)
>>> at
>>> org.geotools.data.store.ContentDataStore.getFeatureSource(ContentDataStore.java:383)
>>> at
>>> org.geotools.data.store.ContentDataStore.getFeatureSource(ContentDataStore.java:350)
>>>
>>> What could be wrong here?
>>>

>> It seems one of the data sources cannot find the layers they were
>> configured against
>> anymore.
>> May be a directory data store pointing to an absolute location that you
>> don't have
>> on the second machine
>>
>> Cheers
>> Andrea
>>
>> --
>> ==
>> Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for
>> more information.
>> ==
>>
>> Ing. Andrea Aime
>> @geowolf
>> Technical Lead
>>
>> GeoSolutions S.A.S.
>> Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
>> 55054  Massarosa (LU)
>> Italy
>> phone: +39 0584 962313
>> fax: +39 0584 1660272
>> mob: +39  339 8844549
>>
>> http://www.geo-solutions.it
>> http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

Hello you guys,

can anyone point me to which particular line in the datastore.xml you
changed to specify the relevant file location, because no matter where I
input the path to the shapefile I am testing with (no database connection,
just a lone polygon shapefile is used here), I cannot resolve the issue.

Thank you,

Regards,

Momo

--