It may happen due to user error. I changed GWC config in a newer GeoServer
(2.11.0) version and it broke the older GeoServer (2.6.0).
I compared the 'faulty' geowebcache.xml with a backup taht worked and
'backported' it (it was just changing the version back and deleting

Sent from:

engaging tech sites,!