Hi Mustafa,

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 5:48 PM, Mustafa ÖZÇETiN via Geoserver-users <
geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Hi Jukka,
>
> Thanks for the response. Adding the "&compression=LZW" parameter to the
> end of the WCS GetCoverage request sends a compressed GeoTIFF that I expect.
>
> Some observations:
>
> 1) When I use the "Deflate" value as the compression parameter, GeoServer
> returns a service exception saying "Provided compression does not seem
> supported".

Looking from the code, you may want to try with "DEFLATE", all upper-case.
I will open a JIRA to make sure the value defined in the specification [1]
is supported too.

> 2) When I try the "&geotiff:compression=LZW" parameter, GeoServer does not
> return any exceptions but sends an uncompressed GeoTIFF (with GeoServer
> 2.9.2).

I think that the "geotiff:" prefixes have been added from 2.11 as part of
this JIRA, so 2.9.2 is not supporting them yet:
https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/browse/GEOS-8555

[1]: https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=54813 [Page 16,
Table 2]

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Daniele

> On Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 5:10:03 PM GMT+3, Rahkonen Jukka (MML) <
> jukka.rahko...@maanmittauslaitos.fi> wrote:
>

> Hi,
>

> There is nothing strange with that. Your original image is compressed with
> “deflate” and if you expand it into uncompressed format with gdal_translate
> (gdal_translate 1201.tif expand.tif) the file size seems to grow into
> 324626939 bytes. WCS by default sends coverages as uncompressed.
>

> Read about WCS 2.0 GeoTIFF extension https://portal.opengeospatial.
> org/files/?artifact_id=54813 and ask Geoserver to send you a compressed
> image by adding the required parameter &compression=Deflate.  Using also
> &predictor=Horizontal probably yields even smaller output.
>

> BTW. according to the standard the parameters should be
> &geotiff:compression=Deflate&geotiff:predictor=Horizontal but older
> Geoserver versions do not handle the “geotiff:” part.  Geoserver 2.13 and
> 2.14 support both variants but users should learn to use the correct
> geotiff: prefixed syntax as soon as possible because that is the correct
> format and required by other WCS servers.
>

> -Jukka Rahkonen-

Daniele Romagnoli
==
GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit http://goo.gl/it488V
for more information.
==

Ing. Daniele Romagnoli
Senior Software Engineer

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
fax:      +39 0584 1660272

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003
nel/i file/s allegato/i sono da considerarsi strettamente riservate. Il
loro utilizzo è consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del messaggio,
per le finalità indicate nel messaggio stesso. Qualora riceviate questo
messaggio senza esserne il destinatario, Vi preghiamo cortesemente di
darcene notizia via e-mail e di procedere alla distruzione del messaggio
stesso, cancellandolo dal Vostro sistema. Conservare il messaggio stesso,
divulgarlo anche in parte, distribuirlo ad altri soggetti, copiarlo, od
utilizzarlo per finalità diverse, costituisce comportamento contrario ai
principi dettati dal D.Lgs. 196/2003.

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for
the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or
proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act
(Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection
Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is
strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the
information in this message that has been received in error. The sender
does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or
completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes
made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of
e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.