Hi,

I have a problem when requesting WMS GetCapabilities from geoserver 2.12 and
can not figure out what happens.
We are using an Oracle 12c database to store our features. Most of our features
are in EPSG:4326 but also have some in our local Hungarian coordinate system
EPSG:23700.

The application using the geoserver always need the features in EPSG:4326, so
we try to use geoserver to reproject between the coordinate systems.

This is the way we define these layers:
Native CRS: EPSG:23700
Declared CRS: EPSG:4326

SRS handling: Reproject native to declared

In the Bounding Boxes section on the web UI for the Native Bounding Box I click
Compute from data, I get EPSG:4236 numbers, definitely not EPSG:23700 numbers,
I do not understand why since this should be the Native bounding box. When I
set Compute from SRS bounds -180,-90,180,90 is set. If at Lat/Lon Bounding box
I click Compute from native bounds I get the same values.

When I save this layer, after running a GetCapabilities WMS request I get the
following error at the end of the produced XML:

<<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?><!DOCTYPE
ServiceExceptionReport SYSTEM
"http://192.168.96.33:8080/geoserver/schemas/wms/1.1.1/WMS_exception_1_1_1.dtd";>
 <ServiceExceptionReport version="1.1.1" >   <ServiceException>
      javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
org.geoserver.platform.ServiceException: Error occurred trying to write out
metadata for layer: PLAN_INPUT_IGENYHELY
org.geoserver.platform.ServiceException: Error occurred trying to write out
metadata for layer: PLAN_INPUT_IGENYHELY
Error occurred trying to write out metadata for layer: PLAN_INPUT_IGENYHELY
Unexpected error obtaining bounding box for layer PLAN_INPUT_IGENYHELY
Unable to transform referenced envelope, crs has not yet been provided.
</ServiceException></ServiceExceptionReport>

Thank you,
Laszlo