Hi Ronald Hoek

Thank you very much for this great tutorial and explanation. I applied the
security settings exactly as you told me.

*Action 1: Disabling Data Download (WMS/WFS)*

*Security* --> *Services*

Service access rules list --> click under *Rule path* in *.*

Service = *
Method = *

*Roles*
*Uncheck the check box*
Grant access to any role

*Selected Roles* => GROUP_ADMIN
                               ADMIN

*SAVE*

*NOTE*: *This action is enough to achieve my goal: get the Basic HTTP
Authentication for data access (wms/wfs)*

*Action 2: Enabling Data Download (WFS) to a Specific Authenticated User*

*Security --> Users, Groups, Roles*

Tab = *Roles*

+ Add new role

Name: *ROLE_WFS*

Parent role:

*SAVE*

*Security* --> *Services*

*Service access rules list *

+ Add new rule

Service = wfs
Method = *
*Roles*
*Uncheck the check box*
Grant access to any role

*Selected Roles* => *ROLE_WFS*

*SAVE*

*Security --> Users, Groups, Roles*

*Users, Groups, and Roles*

*+* Add new user
User name: amazonas_river
Password: Braz!l
Confirm password: Braz!l

*Selected Roles* => *ROLE_WFS*

*SAVE*

*Action 3: Enabling Data Download (WFS) to ALL Authenticated Users*

*Security* --> *Services*

*Service access rules list *

+ Add new rule

Service = wfs
Method = *
*Roles*
*Uncheck the check box*
Grant access to any role

*Selected Roles* =>* ROLE_AUTHENTICATED*

*SAVE*

I appreciated your time and help. Thank you very much.

Best Regards

Julierme