Hi Alessio,
a few questions to help clarify your proposal:

   - Right now the list of executions is visible only to the administrator
   via the GUI. How does this request work authorization wise? Anyone can see
   all executions? Or only the ones he started as an authenticated user?
   - What info gets returned? Same as in the GUI right now? More?
   - How does one filter the list of returned values?

Cheers
Andrea

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 11:12 AM, Alessio Fabiani <
alessio.fabi...@geo-solutions.it> wrote:

> Dear lists,
> I would like here to ask your opinion about a possible
> extension/improvement of the GeoServer WPS Service.
>
> *The main goal of this proposal is to allow a client to recognize the list
> of WPS Executions through a simple request to a WPS Operation. What we
> would like to achieve would be something similar to this:*
>
> [image: image.png]
>

> *The client makes a simple “GetExecutions” request to the WPS Server, in
> order to get back an XML document containing the list of current Execution
> Statuses.Ideally should be possible also to filter the “GetExecutions”
> request along with simple parameters, in order to refine the output and get
> back only the executions status we are looking for.Adding a bit more to
> this, if AUTHORIZATION headers are sent along with the “GetExecutions”
> request, the WPS Server should be able, if a security subsystem is
> available and enable on the latter, of provide also the list of eventually
> private/protected resources to the client itself.Part of this proposal is
> also to review and improve the “lineage” option of the WPS service,
> allowing a client to retrieve the Execute Inputs values provided to the
> process Identifier.*
> Thoughts?
>
> --
>
> ==
>
> GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit
> http://goo.gl/it488V for more information.
> ==
> Ing. Alessio Fabiani
>
> @alfa7691
> Founder/Technical Lead
>

> GeoSolutions S.A.S.
> Via di Montramito 3/A - 55054  Massarosa (LU) - Italy
> phone: +39 0584 962313
> fax:     +39 0584 1660272
> mob:   +39 331 6233686
>

> http://www.geo-solutions.it
> http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it
>
> Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE
> 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si
> precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo
> contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è
> riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il
> messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra
> operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia.
>

> This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
> addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
> otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by
> European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this
> e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended
> recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please
> notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

Regards, Andrea Aime == GeoServer Professional Services from the experts!
Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information. == Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf Technical Lead GeoSolutions S.A.S. Via di Montramito 3/A 55054
Massarosa (LU) phone: +39 0584 962313 fax: +39 0584 1660272 mob: +39 339
8844549 http://www.geo-solutions.it http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it