Dear list,

I am evaluating MapFish Print for a project. As far as I see MapFish Print can be run as a standalone application [1] or it can be run within GeoServer [2].

Could you tell me the difference between both approaches?
Does the GeoServer Print Plugin also use MapFish Print version 3?

I did not find the respective parts in the documentation. I would be happy if you could give me a hint where I can find more information.

Kind regards,
Jakob

[1] http://mapfish.github.io/mapfish-print-doc/download.html
[2] http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/extensions/printing/index.html