Hi,
yes, the performance drop looks bad. Have you enabled jai-ext in 2.13.x?
(it does more work, more comprehensive
ROI handling and NODATA Handling which was not there before) so for a
simple scale it's slower also in my local tests,
that said we are running all production envs with jai-ext enabled with no
complaints (probably because bottleneck are elsewhere,
network storage, JPEG2000 decompression and the like).

If you did not enable jai-ext in both environments, did you install native
JAI in both?

On Sat, Sep 1, 2018 at 1:48 AM Bessette-Halsema, Dominique E <
dominique.besse...@gdit.com> wrote:

> Hello
>

> I was recently doing some performance tests on the v2.5 GeoServer.
>

> Jmeter Test configuration:
>
> The tests were for WMS 1.3.0 getMap requests for a 74x96 deg of a GeoTiff.
>
> The interpolation is set to bilinear and each test run is performed 100
> times in a loop.
>
> Each loop is paused for 200-500 milliseconds before sending out the next
> batch of concurrent requests.
>

> Example request:
>

> https://localhost:8443/geoserver/test/wms?layers=test:grid&width=512&height=666&bbox=73.0,-19.0,147.0,77.0&srs=CRS:84&format=image/png&version=1.3.0&service=WMS&request=GetMap
> .
>

> To be candid, The average response time is much worse in v2.13 compared to
> v2.5.   I ended up updated v2.13 to use Marlin but the performance is still
> not as good as compared to v2.5.  Attached are the before/after updates.
>

> I know there were a lot of updates between the versions but is there a
> global setting, cache, or configuration property that I should be looking
> into?
>

> Dominique Bessette

> If you want to request a feature or an improvement, also see this:
> https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/wiki/Successfully-requesting-and-integrating-new-features-and-improvements-in-GeoServer

Regards, Andrea Aime == GeoServer Professional Services from the experts!
Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information. == Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf Technical Lead GeoSolutions S.A.S. Via di Montramito 3/A 55054
Massarosa (LU) phone: +39 0584 962313 fax: +39 0584 1660272 mob: +39 339
8844549 http://www.geo-solutions.it http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it
------------------------------------------------------- *Con riferimento
alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 -
Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni
circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli eventuali
allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i
destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per
errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le
sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia. This email is intended
information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679
“GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information
herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by
telephone or e-mail.*