If you don't add any datastores, styles to your geoserver or tiles to the
GWC cache  I think you can get away with just having write access to the
log file (which you can set to be outside the data_dir) but if you want to
be able to add data etc then making the whole data directory writable is
best.

Ian

On Tue, 4 Sep 2018 at 15:24, Nikolaos Ves <vesni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am just wondering if anyone has made geoserver to operate using only a
> RO filesystem?
>
> If not which are the bare minimum files it needs to have write access for
> it to function properly?
>
> Best regards,
> Nick

> If you want to request a feature or an improvement, also see this:
> https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/wiki/Successfully-requesting-and-integrating-new-features-and-improvements-in-GeoServer

Ian Turton