Hi,

This is almost definitely really niche but I thought I'd send the message in
case it is relevant for any reason. We have a view in our Oracle database which
takes a spatial table (source of GeoServer store) and joins it with non-spatial
data from another Oracle database which is not in our control. The view is slow
as you would expect however it cannot be loaded into GeoServer because
GeoServer is discovering the reference to an alternate database somehow. The
reason I thought I'd email is that it does work if you view it in a viewer's
such as Toad but it also works fine in other GIS capable applications such QGIS
and FME.

Please note, the reference to the other database should be in the database view
not an SQL view in GeoServer. I think it is logical that GeoServer may not
accept that sort of thing but I'm confused by why GeoServer even knows the view
is referencing another database, I would have expected it to just query the
view in the source database and let the database handle the joins but I think
it is something to do with the way GeoServer gets the metadata (although I'm
guessing).

I'm hoping it would be easy to check in other database types, just create a
view which references another database / schema and then see if the view can be
published in GeoServer and rendered by QGIS.

It is probably too niche to log it as a bug and so I'm not necessarily
expecting that we do anything but I thought I'd ask round to see if others can
easily recreate the situation to see if it is just me as usual.

Best Regards,

Paul Wittle

"This e-mail is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may contain
information about individuals or other sensitive information and should be
handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to
receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to
anyone else. If you have received this email in error, kindly disregard the
content of the message and notify the sender immediately. Please be aware that
all email may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with
relevant legislation."