-Jukka Rahkonen-

Lähettäjä: Andrea Aime [mailto:andrea.a...@geo-solutions.it]
Lähetetty: 31. lokakuuta 2018 16:11
Vastaanottaja: arnaud.lis...@codata.eu
Aihe: Re: [Geoserver-users] ImagePyramid layer black when no granule at all

Hi Arnaud,
I don't know what's happening there honestly, the property files that GeoServer
generates normally match the gdalinfo output... but I haven't worked with a
simple, uniform
mosaic in a while (most of what comes my way these days is either heterogeneous
in resolutions
or has downright different coordinate reference systems).

Can you share the entire generated property file? How many geotiffs do you have
in it, any
chance one out of many has the resolution being reported?

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 2:59 PM Arnaud L.
<arnaud.lis...@codata.eu<mailto:arnaud.lis...@codata.eu>> wrote:
Le 31/10/2018 à 14:03, Andrea Aime a écrit :
> No, you are still supposed to let the mosaic configure itself. Never,
> ever, generate
> the mosaic property file manually, setup a indexer and a datastore
> config files
> and let the mosaic do its work, regardless of where the index is stored.

OK Andrea, thanks for making this clear.
I did as suggested :
- copied only the datastore.properties in a folder
- added an indexer.properties in the same folder, basic configuration
taken from
https://geoserver.geo-solutions.it/edu/en/multidim/imagemosaic/mosaic_indexer.html,
i.e.:
Name=georasters_17
Schema=*the_geom:Polygon,location:String
PropertyCollectors=
Caching=false
AbsolutePath=true
CanBeEmpty=true
UseExistingSchema=true
- created a new imagemosaic datastore pointing to this folder

Everything went fine, mosaic "georasters_17.properties" and
"sample_image.dat" created successfully.
Now, comparing this properties file with the one I created manually,
there is one major difference (and some minor ones like expandToRGB),
Levels!
In the automatically created file :
Levels=2.54,2.54
In my file, where I computed the levels myself :
Levels=0.15875,0.15875

The "correct" one, i.e. the one that renders correctly is mine.
Gdalinfo on the underlying GeoTIFFs gives the correct pixelsize, i.e :
Pixel Size = (0.158750000000000,-0.158750000000000)

Why would the imagemosaic plugin guess that levels are 2.54 ? Is there
something wrong in the way I configured the imagemosaic ?

Best regards
--
Arnaud

--

Regards, Andrea Aime == GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit
http://goo.gl/it488V for more information. == Ing. Andrea Aime @geowolf
Technical Lead GeoSolutions S.A.S. Via di Montramito 3/A 55054 Massarosa (LU)
phone: +39 0584 962313 fax: +39 0584 1660272 mob: +39 339 8844549
http://www.geo-solutions.it http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it
------------------------------------------------------- Con riferimento alla
normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento
generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni circostanza
inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è
un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo
scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo,
ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene
notizia. This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European
Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or
the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is
prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us
immediately by telephone or e-mail.