From: Andrea Aime <andrea.a...@geo-solutions.it>
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2018 3:10 PM
To: ville.koivi...@kuntotekniikka.fi
Subject: Re: [Geoserver-users] Rasters showing correctly in layer preview, but
won't load in QGIS through WMS

Hi Ville,

not sure, but I would open a ticket with:

*       sample data
*       the wms request involved
*       the full stack trace (please no omissions, every part of it is
important, from beginning to end)

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 1:50 PM Ville Koivisto
<ville.koivi...@kuntotekniikka.fi <mailto:ville.koivi...@kuntotekniikka.fi> >
wrote:

Dear list,

I have an issue, summed up in the message title. I have two rasters, one
ortophoto and one planning map which show correctly in layer preview in
Geoserver. The problem is that when I try to retrieve them via WMS in QGIS, I
can find them but they won’t load. I have the same exact rasters in another
geoserver, and on a different server altogether, and from there I can retrieve
them to QGIS. There is a slight version difference, 2.13.2 vs. 2.13.0.

Another raster is an image pyramid and another geotiff. I guess format is not
the issue, since behavior is shared between them.

WMS is enabled, workspace is enable and WMS is checked as a service.

I have following error messages in log (attached relevant log):

2018-11-12 14:18:47,584 ERROR [geoserver.ows] -

org.geoserver.platform.ServiceException: Error rendering coverage on the fast
path

.

.

.

Caused by: org.geoserver.platform.ServiceException:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The reference geometry must be either
Polygon, MultiPolygon, or a polygonal PreparedGeometry

.

.

.

Any advice from where to start troubleshooting?

Best regards,

Ville Koivisto

+35840 701 4283

GIS Expert

Suomen kuntotekniikka Oy

<mailto:Geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net>

Regards, Andrea Aime == GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit
http://goo.gl/it488V for more information. == Ing. Andrea Aime @geowolf
Technical Lead GeoSolutions S.A.S. Via di Montramito 3/A 55054 Massarosa (LU)
phone: +39 0584 962313 fax: +39 0584 1660272 mob: +39 339 8844549
http://www.geo-solutions.it http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it
------------------------------------------------------- Con riferimento alla
normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento
generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni circostanza
inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è
un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo
scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo,
ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene
notizia. This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European
Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or
the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is
prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us
immediately by telephone or e-mail.