Hi,
I need some help and inputs with serving imagery using GeoServer as I'm new
to it. Thanks in advance.

I downloaded 32 bit float TIFF images (TIFF_d32f) from Sentinel Hub to serve
with GeoServer to a OpenLayers and JavaScript web map frontend.
https://sentinelhub-py.readthedocs.io/en/latest/examples.html

Tiff images are:
multi-band (3 bands) - true color, false color
single-band (1 band) - NDVI, NDWI

For some reason, by default QGIS automatically assigns an alpha band
(eventhough there's none) and sets transparency based on it and don't
display and I had to manually set transparency as "none" or "no" to see the
image. ArcMap correctly loaded the images by default.

My questions:
1) Does GeoServer support 32-bit float images and correctly display them?

2) What is the easiest and recommended process to stylize or color
single-band greyscale images? E.g. NDVI values ranging from -1 to +1? Can I
use .clr, .sld template files?

3) Do I need any extra plugins than the basic GeoServer?

4) I will have several hundred small images for multiple dates. Is it easier
if I make a mosaic and add images to it and just style the mosaic once
rather than style each small image? What's the best way to do this?

5) The web map is to do both visual (colors) and numerical info (pixel
values on click). So is it easier if images are imported into PostGIS and
then brought to GeoServer?

Cheers,
Arun

--