The error I am encountering is:

WARNING [http-nio-8090-exec-82]
it.geosolutions.imageio.gdalframework.GDALUtilities.loadGDAL Failed to load
the GDAL native libs. This is not a problem unless you need to use the GDAL
plugins: they won't be enabled.* java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no gdaljni
in java.library.path*

I have read other threads already regarding this, and have tried several
suggested offerings for fixing this without much luck. I have followed the
instructions here:
https://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/data/raster/gdal.html
<https://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/data/raster/gdal.html>  .

My environment variables look like this:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/tomcat/native-jni-lib:/usr/lib/jni
GDAL_DATA=/usr/share/gdal/2.1

Per the instructions, running this:

sudo apt-get install gdal-bin libgdal-java

installs everything I need. Considering the docker container has app-get, I
believe it is a flavor of linux that supports this installation. This being
the case, I am surprised it cannot find what it needs. I have confirmed the
gdal install and env variable are correct, but the catalina log keeps
spitting out the same error above.

My question is, what does
it.geosolutions.imageio.gdalframework.GDALUtilities.loadGDAL consider to be
the native libs and where does it expect to find them? Also, where does the
command sudo apt-get install gdal-bin libgdal-java install the libgdal-java
files? I looked in the /usr/share/gdal/2.1 and there is no lib folder.
Hence, tried using /usr/lib/jni above as an export.

Man thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Cheers

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoServer-User-f3786390.html