Dear List!

We have old (2.12.3) geoserver that we have extended with some custom filter
function by implementing FunctionFactory.
The filter functions are compiled to a .jar file that is copied to the
WEB-INF/lib. Recently after a restart we had some GWC index issues that we
fixed and now we have a strange error. WMS getcapabilities never returns the
XML if our jar file is loaded. If I delete the jar file or recompile with empty
getFunctionNames() XML is generated.

What I noticed before the first wms/getcapablilites call takes much longer
(5-10 minutes) since it is building the XML from scratch in memory (later calls
use this cache I guess). Turning on developer logging "I see
[org.geoserver.wms.capabilities] - Adding GetLegendGraphic call as LegendURL”
lines for all styles, however I do not see the style compiled. Is ther any way
to which such debug on? I am pretty sure that there is some other problem with
one of our styles and deleting the jar file cause null pointer exception when
generating the XML and thus the style processing can go on (I see much more
styles processed aka … GetLegendGraphic … calls when the jar is deleted).

Any idea on debugging this would be appriciated!

Thank you,
Laszlo