Hi,

I fear that recomputing the bounds will not help because the error is this

org.locationtech.jts.io.ParseException: Unknown WKB type 12

WKB type 12 means MultiSurface. I can’t say what is the level of support that
JTS has for curved geometries. Some implementations that I know can handle
MultiSurface if it only wraps linear polygons and does not really contain
curved geometries.

The core geometry types in the GeoPackage standard are all linear:

A GeoPackage SHALL store feature table geometries with the basic simple feature
geometry types (Geometry, Point, LineString, Polygon, MultiPoint,
MultiLineString, MultiPolygon, GeomCollection) in Geometry Types
(Normative)<http://www.geopackage.org/spec121/index.html#geometry_types>
Geometry Type Codes
(Core)<http://www.geopackage.org/spec121/index.html#geometry_types_core> in the
GeoPackageBinary geometry encoding format.

Support for non-linear geometries requires an extension:

F.1. GeoPackage Non-Linear Geometry Types
Introduction

This extension of clause SQL Geometry Types defines additional geometry types.

Clause 2.1.4 of the GeoPackage Version 1 Encoding Standard specifies support
for the Geometry, Point, LineString, Polygon, MultiPoint, MultiLineString,
MultiPolygon, and GeomCollection geometry types in the GeoPackageBinary
geometry encoding format specified in clause 2.1.3. This extension specifies
support for the additional CircularString, CompoundCurve, CurvePolygon,
MultiCurve, MultiSurface, Curve, and Surface geometry types in the GeoPackage
Binary geometry encoding format using the codes from Geometry Type Codes
(Extension).

Documentation https://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/data/vector/geopkg.html
does not mention if Geoserver supports the “GeoPackage Non-Linear Geometry
Types” extension. Anyway, you have a GeoPackage that is not most interoperable.
You may consider to convert multisurfaces into multipolygons if you do not need
curved geometries.

-Jukka Rahkonen-