On 11/3/20 5:18 PM, Christian Mayer wrote:
Hi all,

I am doing the following via the GeoServer REST-API: I create a
datastore based on a remote WFS [1]. This works fine. Then I try to
publish a FeatureType of the remote WFS in my GeoServer by POSTing
against /rest/workspaces/<WS>/datastores/<REMOTE-WFS-DS>/featuretypes.
This gives me the error "Trying to create new feature type inside the
store, but no attributes were specified".
Due to some research I came to the point that the "nativeName" I
provided in my POST body did not match with the one GeoServer expects.
The original one of the remote WFS is "osm: osm-fuel" and GeoServer
expects "osm_osm-fuel". So the ":" has been replaced with a "_". Is that
a reliable pattern?

AFAIK this (replacing invalid/illegal characters in a typename with an underscore) is a consistent behaviour in GeoTools.

I went looking for the code as I ran into trouble with something like this a couple of years ago, but can't find it anymore.

- M