Hi All,

Still an avid GeoServer user over here in Cleveland. It's been a long time
since I've had a question. I've been lurking again for a few weeks, but know so
little now that I haven't been able to be helpful again yet.

Anyway, when stuff just works, there's not much to worry about. Around late May
of last year, we deployed a new GeoServer instance and everything worked great
except the print module. The dates on my logs are 28 May, and I see a 29 May
query regarding failures in the GeoServer printing module. I might have posted
something similar if I hadn't been working on a bunch of other problems.
https://sourceforge.net/p/geoserver/mailman/geoserver-users/thread/ce54c7a7-55dd-de07-346f-4dac9f286cb3%40gmail.com/#msg37025030

The error I get is the same as the one reported by Tamas:

http://localhost:8080/geoserver/pdf/info.json yields:

org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Handler dispatch failed;
nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'void
org.json.JSONWriter.<init>(java.io.Writer)'

So, out of thoroughness, as I dove back into this problem, I upgraded to 2.19
for GeoServer and the printing module, and I get the same error.

In an extra spurt of thoroughness, I installed geoserver and the print module
again but didn't point it at my data directory, but alas, same error, no dice.

> lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release: 20.04
Codename: focal

> java --version
openjdk 11.0.10 2021-01-19
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.10+9-Ubuntu-0ubuntu1.20.04)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.10+9-Ubuntu-0ubuntu1.20.04, mixed mode,
sharing)

Apache Tomcat/9.0.30

Any hunches where I should look next to solve the problem? A quick grep for
JSONWriter in the WEB-INF directory shows a single json jar and some jars that
may reference it:

> grep -r JSONWriter .
Binary file ./print-lib-2.1.5.jar matches
Binary file ./jettison-1.0.1.jar matches
Binary file ./json-20180813.jar matches
Binary file ./wicket-core-7.6.0.jar matches

A search for jars with json in their name is pretty discrete:

> find /opt/tomcat -name "json*.jar"
/opt/tomcat/webapps/geoserver/WEB-INF/lib/json-20180813.jar
/opt/tomcat/webapps/geoserver/WEB-INF/lib/json-lib-2.4.2-geoserver.jar
/opt/tomcat/webapps/geoserver/WEB-INF/lib/json-simple-1.1.1.jar

Thanks,
Best,
Steve

[http://sig.cmparks.net/cmp-ms-90x122.png] Stephen V. Mather