From: Andrea Aime <andrea.a...@geosolutionsgroup.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2022 1:18 AM
To: Bessette-Halsema, Dominique E <dominique.besse...@gdit.com>
Cc: GeoServer Users <geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Geoserver-users] SLD is producing blurry image

 [External: Use caution with links & attachments]

The behavior you're experiencing seems the expected one:

  *   You have pixels covering a very large area, they are rendered as square
blocks
  *   If you enable interporpolation, say bilinear, it's just acting on a 2x2
pixel block, giving the blurry effect
Looks like you'd like to have a full interpolation algorithm acting on the
image, say a Inverse Distance Weighted acting on the
pixel centers and treating them as sparse points instead, and work off larger
pixel distances (eventually account for all those in the
view before
GeoServer does not have such an ability ... maybe one could try chaining the
Barnes Surfaces algorithm, or modify the polygon extraction process to
allow for smoothing, and then chain that one too, but... rendering
transformation chaining is not working very well in general....

Looks like you need to go down this path:
https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/wiki/Successfully-requesting-and-integrating-fixes,-improvements-and-new-features-in-GeoServer<https://urldefense.us/v3/__https:/github.com/geoserver/geoserver/wiki/Successfully-requesting-and-integrating-fixes,-improvements-and-new-features-in-GeoServer__;!!JRQnnSFuzw7wjAKq6ti6!jizqlPfXpVvW0LfS1Rl6oNeB2qelwmLgCuUvSX8-pXh7HkkyXU5hM6k8hIcWRNoMj21T8A$>

On Thu, Feb 17, 2022 at 12:33 AM Bessette-Halsema, Dominique E via
Geoserver-users
<geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net>>
 wrote:
Hello

I have an sld that uses jiffle and the output is a 1 or a 0

I would like my style to appear “smoothed” out or interpolated on the map.
When the colormap type=ramp and the map is zoomed out it appears smooth but
when I start to zoom in it appears blurry (see attachement).   I understand I
should use “type=”values”” to mark all the values of 1 red but then the image
appears blocky (see attachment).  Is there a way I can assign the values of 1
red and smooth out the edges?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><sld:StyledLayerDescriptor
xmlns=http://www.opengis.net/sld<https://urldefense.us/v3/__http:/www.opengis.net/sld__;!!JRQnnSFuzw7wjAKq6ti6!jizqlPfXpVvW0LfS1Rl6oNeB2qelwmLgCuUvSX8-pXh7HkkyXU5hM6k8hIcWRNraeuDL7g$>

xmlns:sld=http://www.opengis.net/sld<https://urldefense.us/v3/__http:/www.opengis.net/sld__;!!JRQnnSFuzw7wjAKq6ti6!jizqlPfXpVvW0LfS1Rl6oNeB2qelwmLgCuUvSX8-pXh7HkkyXU5hM6k8hIcWRNraeuDL7g$>

xmlns:gml=http://www.opengis.net/gml<https://urldefense.us/v3/__http:/www.opengis.net/gml__;!!JRQnnSFuzw7wjAKq6ti6!jizqlPfXpVvW0LfS1Rl6oNeB2qelwmLgCuUvSX8-pXh7HkkyXU5hM6k8hIcWRNokxyWYuw$>

xmlns:ogc=http://www.opengis.net/ogc<https://urldefense.us/v3/__http:/www.opengis.net/ogc__;!!JRQnnSFuzw7wjAKq6ti6!jizqlPfXpVvW0LfS1Rl6oNeB2qelwmLgCuUvSX8-pXh7HkkyXU5hM6k8hIcWRNpROv8hVQ$>
 version="1.0.0">
  <sld:NamedLayer>
    <sld:Name>TEst</sld:Name>
    <sld:UserStyle>
      <sld:Name>Testsld:Name>
      <sld:Title>TSEts</sld:Title>
      <sld:FeatureTypeStyle>
        <sld:Name>name</sld:Name>
        <sld:Transformation>
          <ogc:Function name="ras:Jiffle">
            <ogc:Function name="parameter">
              <ogc:Literal>coverage</ogc:Literal>
            </ogc:Function>
            <ogc:Function name="parameter">
              <ogc:Literal>script</ogc:Literal>
              <ogc:Literal>
                              data = src[0];
                              gph =  src[1]
                              dted = src[2];
                              dest = (( data &gt; 80.0 ) &amp;&amp; (gph &lt;
dted) ) ? 1 : 0;
               </ogc:Literal>
            </ogc:Function>
          </ogc:Function>
        </sld:Transformation>
        <sld:Rule>
          <sld:RasterSymbolizer>
            <sld:ColorMap>
              <sld:ColorMapEntry color="#ffffff" opacity="0.0" quantity="0"
label="No Impact"/>
              <sld:ColorMapEntry color="#FF0000" opacity="1.0" quantity="1"
label="Impact"/>
            </sld:ColorMap>
            <sld:ContrastEnhancement/>
          </sld:RasterSymbolizer>
        </sld:Rule>
      </sld:FeatureTypeStyle>
    </sld:UserStyle>
  </sld:NamedLayer>
</sld:StyledLayerDescriptor>

Thanks!
Dominique Bessette

http://www.ianturton.com/talks/foss4g.html#/<https://urldefense.us/v3/__http:/www.ianturton.com/talks/foss4g.html*/__;Iw!!JRQnnSFuzw7wjAKq6ti6!jizqlPfXpVvW0LfS1Rl6oNeB2qelwmLgCuUvSX8-pXh7HkkyXU5hM6k8hIcWRNpb130xzQ$>
http://geoserver.org/comm/userlist-guidelines.html<https://urldefense.us/v3/__http:/geoserver.org/comm/userlist-guidelines.html__;!!JRQnnSFuzw7wjAKq6ti6!jizqlPfXpVvW0LfS1Rl6oNeB2qelwmLgCuUvSX8-pXh7HkkyXU5hM6k8hIcWRNoiSH-xsw$>

https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/wiki/Successfully-requesting-and-integrating-new-features-and-improvements-in-GeoServer<https://urldefense.us/v3/__https:/github.com/geoserver/geoserver/wiki/Successfully-requesting-and-integrating-new-features-and-improvements-in-GeoServer__;!!JRQnnSFuzw7wjAKq6ti6!jizqlPfXpVvW0LfS1Rl6oNeB2qelwmLgCuUvSX8-pXh7HkkyXU5hM6k8hIcWRNqqRxm5Cg$>

Geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:Geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net>

Andrea Aime

Visit
http://bit.ly/gs-services-us<https://urldefense.us/v3/__http:/bit.ly/gs-services-us__;!!JRQnnSFuzw7wjAKq6ti6!jizqlPfXpVvW0LfS1Rl6oNeB2qelwmLgCuUvSX8-pXh7HkkyXU5hM6k8hIcWRNpn-jNUXQ$>
 for more information.

@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions Group
phone: +39 0584 962313

fax:     +39 0584 1660272

mob:   +39  333 8128928

https://www.geosolutionsgroup.com/<https://urldefense.us/v3/__https:/www.geosolutionsgroup.com/__;!!JRQnnSFuzw7wjAKq6ti6!jizqlPfXpVvW0LfS1Rl6oNeB2qelwmLgCuUvSX8-pXh7HkkyXU5hM6k8hIcWRNqbwYie5A$>

http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it<https://urldefense.us/v3/__http:/twitter.com/geosolutions_it__;!!JRQnnSFuzw7wjAKq6ti6!jizqlPfXpVvW0LfS1Rl6oNeB2qelwmLgCuUvSX8-pXh7HkkyXU5hM6k8hIcWRNo4XS7ztQ$>

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE
2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa
che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli
eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i
destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per
errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei
comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise
protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation
2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the
information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by
telephone or e-mail