Hi, list!

I have a need on a project where I am using Geoserver 2.20.x
Deployment is done through a docker instance along a physical bind to
GEOSERVER_DATA_DIR .
For security reasons, there’s a JDBC datasource that’s changing its password
every week thus even Geoserver must
be updated with the current configuration in its datastore.xml through an
automated process.

I’ve checked over Geoserver Rest Api but it looks like there are no Patch
methods for Stores ( well at least I’ve not found it ).
So I was wondering if you’ve any tips on how to encrypt the new password
through a script ( plain:newpassword is working fine, but it should be
encrypted )

Hope to find some suggestions around.
Regards,

Alessio Cruciani