The http response status code 415 tells you that you posted with an unsupported media type. You set the type to "text/plain" which GeoServer apparently doesn't support for this type of request. For NetCDF files change your content type header to "Content-Type: application/x-netcdf". Moreover, when you want to overwrite the NetCDF file, you are missing "{method}.{format}" in your url. So in your case it would be "http://localhost:8080/geoserver/rest/workspaces/myworkspace/coveragestores/mycoveragestore name/file.netcdf".