-Jukka Rahkonen-

Lähettäjä: Kajal Shrawan Katoke via Geoserver-users
<geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Lähetetty: keskiviikko 10. tammikuuta 2024 7.51
Vastaanottaja: geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Kopio: CHANDRADEEP KUMAR <chandradeep.ku...@india.nec.com>; Madhu
<mad...@india.nec.com>
Aihe: Re: [Geoserver-users] Query regarding WMS service

Hi Team,

Gentle Reminder!
Please provide your response for below query.

As a temporary measure against WMS vulnerabilities, we using Nginx on the front
end of geoserver to guard against requests other than the following patterns.
^/gis/geoserver/gwc/service/tms/1.0.0/

However, I am concerned about whether I can check all the URL patterns that
call the WMS service in the GeoServer documentation to check if it is properly
guarded.
(This is because it is described as a calling example in various places in the
document, so it is not possible to determine whether all patterns are
described.)

Therefore, I would like to confirm whether above nginx configurations prevents
calls to the WMS service using URL patterns that we allow.

[Query]
Will this method of protection (nginx configuration shared in previous mail)
make the WMS service unavailable?
Thanks & regards,
Kajal

As a temporary measure against WMS vulnerabilities, we using Nginx on the front
end of geoserver to guard against requests other than the following patterns.
^/gis/geoserver/gwc/service/tms/1.0.0/

However, I am concerned about whether I can check all the URL patterns that
call the WMS service in the GeoServer documentation to check if it is properly
guarded.
(This is because it is described as a calling example in various places in the
document, so it is not possible to determine whether all patterns are
described.)

Therefore, I would like to confirm whether above nginx configurations prevents
calls to the WMS service using URL patterns that we allow.

Thanks & regards,
Kajal

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended
for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or NEC Corporation India
Private Limited or its affiliates.
and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of NEC Corporation India Private
Limited or its affiliates.
distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written
consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender
immediately.