Hello all,

I've previously used other java api's to develop GIS systems, however
this is a problem I have never got to the bottom of.

I have a shapefile with 7 polygons....  If I open up the .dbf file in a
spreadsheet then there is data for 6 polygons which means one of the
polygons has no data.  How do I know what data relates to which polygon?
>From what I can gather this link between the polygons and the data is
held in the shx file but I can't read it.

If someone could supply a code snippet to demonstrate how this is
achieved I would be very very grateful!

Thank you very much,

Christian Weaves.