As you are no doubt aware, I have been attempting to port GeoTools 2.4.x
community-schemas-ds to trunk. The purpose of this port is to make use
of GeoAPI 2.2 and its implementations in gt-main, so as to better
support complex features. The intent is to get rid of the nasty adapters
used in community-schemas-ds to smuggle ISO features in the old gt2
feature model, and use the clean opengis Feature API (GeoAPI). This
requires consistent use of the opengis API throughout.

It appears to me that GML3 (gt-xsd-gml3) on trunk is very similar to
that on 2.4.x, and that the migration from 2.4.x to trunk of GML3
largely consisted of changing the binding of features from the old gt2
Feature to opengis SimpleFeature (not opengis Feature). For example
AbstractFeatureTypeBinding has getType, parse, and encode that all
operate on SimpleFeature. I can find no mention of opengis Feature in
GML3 on trunk.

(1) Am I correct in my understanding that GML3 on trunk has no support
for opengis Feature, and is implemented to bind purely to opengis
SimpleFeature?

(2) If this is the case, is there any plan to support complex features
in GML3 on trunk?

I would welcome any suggestions as to how I might use GML3 on trunk to
implement complex features.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Software Engineer, CSIRO Exploration and Mining