See https://github.com/geotools/geotools/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

> Please could you both let me know if you would like me to do this.
> BTW, my investigation suggests that the bug is actually in the
> org.geotools.filter.function.StaticGeometry class and is easily
> illustrated by:
>     System.out.println(StaticGeometry.greaterEqualThan("2", "0"));
>     System.out.println(StaticGeometry.greaterEqualThan("3", "0"));
> which outputs
> true
> false
> which is consistent with Go's original investigation.  I suspect this is
> caused by a historic change to the compareTo method in java.lang.String.
> Andrea's delegation suggestion would obviously bypass this completely, but
> I suggest it would also be worthwhile fixing the StaticGeometry class as
> well?  Thoughts?

StaticGeometry could be the one to delegate to a filter object, that would
solve both issues I believe.

Ing. Andrea Aime
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax: +39 0584 1660272
mob: +39  339 8844549

nel/i file/s allegato/i sono da considerarsi strettamente riservate. Il
loro utilizzo è consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del messaggio,
per le finalità indicate nel messaggio stesso. Qualora riceviate questo
messaggio senza esserne il destinatario, Vi preghiamo cortesemente di
darcene notizia via e-mail e di procedere alla distruzione del messaggio
stesso, cancellandolo dal Vostro sistema. Conservare il messaggio stesso,
divulgarlo anche in parte, distribuirlo ad altri soggetti, copiarlo, od
utilizzarlo per finalità diverse, costituisce comportamento contrario ai
principi dettati dal D.Lgs. 196/2003.

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for
the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or
proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act
(Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection
Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is
strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the
information in this message that has been received in error. The sender
does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or
completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes
made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of
e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.

GeoTools-Devel mailing list