Got a request from working with Martin on the next JTS release:

As part of relicensing JTS we are hunting down where external contributions
came from, one such is "ShapefileReader" from an early GeoTools 2 release
(before the switch to the file io api).

Can I ask for PSC approval to send an email/letter to Martin giving him
permission to relicense this implementation
<https://github.com/locationtech/jts/tree/master/modules/app/src/main/java/org/locationtech/jtstest/testbuilder/io/shapefile>.
This is similar to how we have donated code to GeoAPI in the past (or how
we accept code from the GeoServer PSC).

The author in question, James Macgill, has signed a code contribution
license so we (as a PSC) are in position donate this code to the JTS
project. I have also emailed James Macgill so he knows what we are up to :)