Hi,

We are evaluating using Geotools as the basis for our CRS management
libraries on gvSIG project (a desktop, Java-based GIS application).

We have performed some tests to ensure we can implement all our
current use-cases using Geotools. Most of them can be easily
implemented, but I don't find an evident way to list available
operations to convert/transform between two CRSs (when more than one
operation is available on the EPSG database).

I am aware it is possible to use CRS.findOperation(source, target) to
get "the preferred operation", but in this way we can't offer the
users the possibility to choose the transformation themselves.

Ideally, I would expect a method like:
Set<CoordinateOperation> ops = CRS.findOperations(source, target);

which would mean adding a new method in CoordinateOperationFactory:

Set<CoordinateOperation> listOperations(sourceCRS, targetCRS)

I believe it would be quite simple to add this method in
CoordinateOperationFactory. As far as I've seen, it would need some
changes in DefaultCoordinateOperationFactory,
BufferedCoordinateOperationFactory and AuthorityBackedFactory, but
they are mostly method additions and some code refactoring.

We are wondering if you would accept this contribution, as it is
currently the main blocker for going forward.

Best regards,

César Martínez Izquierdo

   César Martínez Izquierdo
   GIS developer