Hi Stefan,
contributions are welcomed, SAP just needs to sign a OSGeo CLA:
http://docs.geotools.org/latest/developer/procedures/contribution_license.html

You can then make a pull request, adding the module around here:
https://github.com/geotools/geotools/tree/master/modules/unsupported/jdbc-ng

See also general contribution rules here:
https://github.com/geotools/geotools/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

You'll also be given direct commit access, with the agreement that you just
commit
within your module, for module maintenance (can also change core classes if
needed,
but please go though a pull request for those changes).

The module will start as an unsupported one, and then if you're interested
in having
it as officially supported, there is a procedure to follow (some basic
quality checks, and
an official module maintainer are needed, typically you or someone else
from SAP):

http://docs.geotools.org/latest/developer/procedures/supported.html

Hope this helps, if you have any question, just ask :-)

Cheers
Andrea

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 1:40 PM, Uhrig, Stefan <stefan.uh...@sap.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I would like to contribute a JDBC Plugin for the SAP HANA database.
>

> High-level information on HANA is available at
> https://www.sap.com/products/hana.html (in case you are interested).
> There is also an Express Edition of HANA that is free for up to 32GB of
> data (https://www.sap.com/cmp/ft/crm-xu16-dat-hddedft/index.html).
>

> Do you have general objections to such a contribution? I was asked by our
> Open Source department to clarify that before we start the whole
> contribution process.
>

> Thanks and best regards,
>
> Stefan
>

> *Stefan Uhrig*
>
> Development Expert
>
> *SAP SE, Dietmar-Hopp-Allee 16, 69190 Walldorf, Germany*
>
> stefan.uh...@sap.com

Regards,

Andrea Aime

==
GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit http://goo.gl/it488V
for more information.
==

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax: +39 0584 1660272
mob: +39  339 8844549

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003

nel/i file/s allegato/i sono da considerarsi strettamente riservate. Il
loro utilizzo è consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del messaggio,
per le finalità indicate nel messaggio stesso. Qualora riceviate questo
messaggio senza esserne il destinatario, Vi preghiamo cortesemente di
darcene notizia via e-mail e di procedere alla distruzione del messaggio
stesso, cancellandolo dal Vostro sistema. Conservare il messaggio stesso,
divulgarlo anche in parte, distribuirlo ad altri soggetti, copiarlo, od
utilizzarlo per finalità diverse, costituisce comportamento contrario ai
principi dettati dal D.Lgs. 196/2003.

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for
the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or
proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act
(Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection
Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is
strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the
information in this message that has been received in error. The sender
does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or
completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes
made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of
e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.