From: Uhrig, Stefan
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 1:04 PM
To: 'Geotools-Devel list' <geotools-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: JDBC Plugin for SAP HANA - Request for promotion to supported module

Hi all,

I’d like to request that the JDBC Plugin for SAP HANA
(modules/unsupported/jdbc-ng/jdbc-hana) gets promoted to a supported module.

With regards to the Gold Star Quality Assurance Check (Plugin QA Test) I’ve
taken the following steps:

  *   I’ve added module status files (NOTICE.txt, README.md, REVIEW.md) with
https://github.com/geotools/geotools/pull/2213, but review is still missing, of
course.
  *   There are no known bugs.
  *   I’ve uploaded some screenshots of the plugin being used in GeoServer to
https://sap-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/p/stefan_uhrig/EpIpvp4ghn9Pthe020gkP5wBQXyte0U1kNpFt2hXt1t-6Q?e=tprHsR.
 I created some layers on OpenStreetMap data of the county I’m living in. I’m
not much of a cartographer, but it should hopefully suffice to show that the
plugin can work with larger amounts of data.
  *   Documentation is available from
http://docs.geotools.org/latest/userguide/library/jdbc/hana.html. I will act as
module maintainer and answer questions regarding the module.

There is also a Jacoco coverage report at
https://sap-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/p/stefan_uhrig/EpIpvp4ghn9Pthe020gkP5wBQXyte0U1kNpFt2hXt1t-6Q?e=tprHsR
 (I tried to attach it to the mail, but the mailing list rejected attachments).
Unit-test line coverage is about 89%, branch coverage about 81%.

I’d appreciate if someone could do the IP check. Are there any further steps
that are necessary to become a supported module? If you have any questions,
don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks and best regards,
Stefan