I've run into the following issue:

javac -cp "lib/*" -d bin
src/org/geotools/tutorial/quickstart/Quickstart.java
java -cp "lib/*:bin" org.geotools.tutorial.quickstart.Quickstart
Error: LinkageError occurred while loading main class
org.geotools.tutorial.quickstart.Quickstart
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
org/geotools/tutorial/quickstart/Quickstart has been compiled by a more
recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 61.0), this version
of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 55.0

Not sure if I need to update my Java?
java --version
openjdk 11.0.19 2023-04-18
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.19+7-post-Ubuntu-0ubuntu122.04.1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.19+7-post-Ubuntu-0ubuntu122.04.1,
mixed mode, sharing)

Or the build server is using Java17? the release job config claims to be
using 11.04

Can anyone throw any light on this?

Ian

--