   -

   Maintenance release
   -

   Bolsena Code Sprint
   -

   Milestone release / Release Candidate

Actions

   -

   Code Sprint: Merge styling changes, prepare for RC

Maintenance release

Peter is working on it - thank you *so much* for volunteering!
Bolsena Code Sprint

branch: https://github.com/geotools/geotools/tree/remove-opengis

   1.

   mapfish-print-v2 - we eventually made a branch
   1.

      we also merged geosolution/mapfish-print fork for GeoNode
      2.

      also builds Java 11 🙂
      3.

      makes a lib, not a war I don’t think …
      2.

   mapfish-print (v3) - managed to build yesterday to test update script
   1.

      grade / docker / makefile stuff
      3.

   geofence
   1.

      pull-request has been merged and builds with Java 11
      2.

      Only builds as a library (not standalone) at current

We think our remove-opengis.xml ant script … is “okay” 🙂

Changes to GeoTools:

   1.

   org.opengis → org.geotools.api
   2.

   geometry model removed, not used
   3.

   ISO metadata supporting classes mostly removed
   4.

   DirectPosition → Position

Pending changes to GeoTools

   1.

   styling (1st priority)
   1.

      1st: change immutable interface → failed downstream (too much change)
      2.

      2nd: change to mutable interfaces → currently being tested
      3.

      https://github.com/geotools/geotools/tree/remove-opengis-styling2
      2.

   Try to remove i18n errors (3rd priority)
   1.

      Remove opengis errors i18n
      <https://github.com/geotools/geotools/pull/4456>
      3.

   Simplification of Envelope stuff (compiles, not yet downstream)
   1.

      Remove Envelope2D that effects coverage
      2.

      https://github.com/geotools/geotools/tree/remove-opengis-bounds

Proposed changes to GeoTools (2nd priority)

   -

   org.geotools.data.DataStore (and API friends)
   -

      moving org.geotools.api.data.DataStore
      -

      moving to gt-api modules and got stuck on ReferencedEnvelope
      dependency
      -

         Tried moving an abstract ReferencedEnvelope to gt-api (but it was
         complicated)
         -

      propose move package, but keep in gt-main

Helpers (prep down stream projects to smooth the way):

   -

   https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/pull/7094

Milestone release / Release Candidate

Milestone release:

   -

   propose skipping…

Release candidate:

   -

   styling (required)
   -

   datastore
   -

   i18n (optional)
   -

   envelope (optional)

Aiming for next week

   -

   jody has some capacity to make RC 2nd weekend of september