Hi Tim,

Can I ask what the underlying data store is? Shapefile, postgis. Dates
are kind of tricky in GeoServer / geotools. I should also note that some
good work has been done on the 1.6.x branch of geoserver, so its
possible that the fix could be there for you.

-Justin

--
Justin Deoliveira
The Open Planning Project