Hi Chris,

Sorry, its been a busy week and I have not had time to keep up with your
questions. Its not immediately evident to me what is wrong with your
code. I would have to debug it over on my end. You said your data is a
shapefile with a few thousands rows in it? If there are no licensing or
confidentiality issues is there any chance i can get my hands on it?
that way i could test over here.

If so, please send the location of the shapefile (you can in a private
email if you wish). Also the most recent version of all your code.

-justin

Chris wrote:
> Sorry, it is me again but I'm still stuck with the same problem: I
> tried the following
>

>  Coordinate[] c = new
> Coordinate[]{(l1.getStartPoint()).getCoordinate(), p.getCoordinate()};
>  LineString l1a = new LineString(new CoordinateArraySequence(c), new
> GeometryFactory(new PrecisionModel(
> PrecisionModel.maximumPreciseValue), 4326));
>
>  l1_sub.add(l1a);
>  if(!l1.covers(l1a))
>    System.out.println("Error: a");
>
>  But this did not improve anything (Still prints Error: a). Hence, in
> the following of my routine, I trying to see which sub_part of l1 is
> having an intersection with l2, it happens (more than 1000 times for
> my shapefile) that I can find any l1 sub_part intersecting l2.
>
>  To detect the intersection, I'm using the following code:
>  int k = 0;
>  while (k < l1_sub.size() && !((LineString) l1_sub.get(k)).intersects(l2)) {
>     ++k;
>  }
>  if(k >= l1_sub.size()) {
>     System.out.println("error");
>  }
>
>  I hope someone can help me with this, because of this, my graph is
> not perfectly connected and this is kinda annoying. This is the last
> problem in my project... thanks in advance.
>
>  P.S: I forgot to mention in my previous mail that p in the
> intersection point between l1 and another linestring l2.
>
>> On Jan 15, 2008 2:12 AM, Chris < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Could you tell me what is wrong with this part of code?
>>>
>>> Coordinate[] c = new Coordinate[]{(l1.getStartPoint()).getCoordinate(),
>>> p.getCoordinate()};
>>> LineString l1a = new LineString(new CoordinateArraySequence(c), new
>>> GeometryFactory());
>>> l1_sub.add(l1a);

--
Justin Deoliveira