That error says to me that the units library is either missing, or an
incorrect version of it is being used. I would check that:

1) units library is there
2) the version being used is "correct", ie the same as the version
included in the geotools bin release

Hope that helps,

-Justin

Dave Rafkind wrote:
> Oh yeah, error logs. I'm using Glassfish v2 to host the webapp.
>
> Here's my code in the constructor of a bean:
>   try {                                CoordinateReferenceSystem
> targetCRS = DefaultGeographicCRS.WGS84;
>        CoordinateReferenceSystem sourceCRS = CRS.parseWKT(wktString);
>        MathTransformer transformer = CRS.findMathTransform(sourceCRS,
> targetCRS, true);
>    } catch (org.opengis.referencing.FactoryException fex) {
>        fex.printStackTrace();
>    }
>
> After I got "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.measure.unit.SI", I
> added the JScience jar to my project..
>
> Error:
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.opengis.referencing.cs.CoordinateSystemAxis.getUnit()Ljavax/measure/unit/Unit;
>

>        at
> org.geotools.referencing.cs.AbstractCS.<init>(AbstractCS.java:161)
>        at
> org.geotools.referencing.cs.DefaultEllipsoidalCS.<init>(DefaultEllipsoidalCS.java:155)
>

>        at
> org.geotools.referencing.cs.DefaultEllipsoidalCS.<clinit>(DefaultEllipsoidalCS.java:67)
>

>        at
> org.geotools.referencing.crs.DefaultGeographicCRS.<clinit>(DefaultGeographicCRS.java:95)
>

>        at gov.sanantonio.row.ProjectionUtil.<init>(ProjectionUtil.java:61)
>        // more spring tracktrace snipped
>
> Justin Deoliveira wrote:
>> GeoServer uses spring with not really any problems. If you include any
>> error logs we can probably help. Also which servlet container are you
>> using?
>>
>> -Justin
>>
>> Dave Rafkind wrote:
>>> Hi list, I'm trying to use just the Referencing part of Geotools
>>> 2.5.1 in a Spring Webapp, but I get all sorts of wierd errors
>>> relating to  MathTransformFactory or javax.measure.unit.* when I call
>>> CRS.parseWKT(). These errors don't come about with a commandline
>>> program,
>>> I assume some resource is not properly being autodiscovered...are
>>> there any guidelines for using Geotools with Spring in a web app?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> Dave

Justin Deoliveira
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org