I think the easiest answer is to request two separate images on either side
of 180/-180.

Some of the data stores handle crossing the antimeridian or possibly that
is all handled in GeoServer (see
http://blog.geoserver.org/2010/02/23/geoserver-map-wrapping/). So you might
get the correct answer by using a WMSLayer rather than making a direct WMS
request yourself, but I haven't tried that.

Ian

Ian Turton